Updated: Apr 12
The narcissistic abuse awakening journey is one that can be both painful and empowering. On this journey, you will come to face the dark reality of what you have been through and begin to see yourself in a new light. This can be a difficult process, but it is also one that can lead to great insight and strength. As you begin to understand the dynamics of narcissistic abuse, you will also begin to see your own worth and value. This understanding will give you the power to break free from the past and create a new future for yourself.
Now, it is time for you to rise up from the ashes of your previous life and embrace your new journey of self-discovery and empowerment. You are no longer a victim, but a survivor who has gone through one of the most harrowing experiences imaginable. Narcissistic abuse can leave you feeling shattered, paralyzed, and lost. But it does not have to define who you are or dictate where your life is going. Here are seven points on the awakening journey from narcissistic abuse:
1. Acknowledging that you have been abused: The first step is acknowledging that you have been a victim of narcissistic abuse. This can be a difficult truth to face, but it is an essential part of the healing process.
2. Grieving the loss of your old life: Once you have acknowledged the abuse, you need to grieve the loss of your old life. This may feel like you are grieving a death, and in many ways, you are. You are grieving the death of the person you thought you were and the life you thought you had.
3. Rediscovering yourself: The next step is rediscovering who you are without the narcissist. This can be a scary and overwhelming process, but it is also an incredibly liberating one. You will begin to see yourself in a new light and discover strength and resilience that you never knew you had.
4. Setting boundaries: One of the most important things you can do for yourself after narcissistic abuse is to set boundaries. Boundaries send a clear message to others that you will not tolerate certain behavior and that they need to respect your wishes if they want to be in your life.
5. Learning to love yourself: After years of putting yourself last, it is time to start loving yourself again. This means taking care of yourself emotionally, mentally, and physically. Fill your life with positive people and activities that make you happy. Set aside time each day just for yourself where you can relax and recharge. And most importantly, believe that you deserve happiness and love – because YOU DO!
6. Empowered living: As you heal from narcissistic abuse and rediscover who you are, yo will start to feel more empowered than ever before. You will no longer be controlled by someone else’s actions or words – instead, YOU will be in control of YOUR life! Use this newfound empowerment to create the life YOU want to live!
7. Waking up each day with hope for the future: The final stage of the awakening journey from narcissistic abuse is waking up each day with hope for the future. No matter how dark things may seem in the moment, remember that there is always light at the end of the tunnel – and YOU will find it!
Are you ready to awaken from narcissistic abuse? Let’s get started.
Get your 30-Day Self-Love Guide Workbook here:
Book a complimentary session with Aaliyah: