Updated: Apr 12
My thoughts on the hustle and bustle have changed in the last few years, and here’s why: One of the most unfeminine things a woman can do is to have back-to-back tasks with no break in between. It's like we're machines that are built to just keep going and going until we eventually break down. Society has conditioned us to believe that taking care of ourselves is selfish and that our worth is determined by how much we can accomplish in a day. But what if we took a step back and said "no" to the constant hustle?
As any woman knows, we are constantly juggling a million different balls at any given time. Whether we're working, caring for our families, or managing our homes, it can feel like there's never a moment to rest. However, it's important to remember that stillness is just as vital as activity. In fact, studies have shown that taking time to be quiet and reflective can actually improve our productivity. When we're constantly on the go, it's easy to get lost in our own thoughts and become overwhelmed by the never-ending stream of information bombarding us from all sides. By taking a few moments to clear our minds and simply be still, we can allow ourselves to focus on what's truly important and find the peace and clarity we need to move forward.
So just be still...
Here are seven benefits of being still in solitude —
1. Build a relationship with yourself: Learn to love and accept yourself. Solitude can be a wonderful place and time to deal with our inner critic and embrace ourselves.
2. Gain more self-awareness: Gain clarity on what’s not or what’s working, and improve and clear your mind from mental chatter.
3. Rejuvenate and refuel yourself. This helps to improve concentration and increase productivity.
4. One of my practices for happiness is being in deep gratitude. There’s nothing more elating when you romance yourself in deep gratitude and be in a state of high spirits that forms an aura that lights up the room that people gravitate towards you and you become a manifestation magnet of all good things.
5. Time to listen to our higher-self in order to formulate our thoughts.
6. Solitude helps you clearly see the whole truth of things in life, think deeply (reflection), and focus on doing things differently on what’s important.
7. Disconnect: Unplug from all things technology and everyone so that you can reconnect with yourself. You deserve the same amount of attention you give to everyone else. Learn to prioritise yourself over others and discover your elevated and higher-self so that you can evolve spiritually and cultivate more self-love! The more you have within, the more you have to give!
“In solitude and in silence is when our inner voice of our soul speaks most clearly to us. It is in this space of silence, when we can access our deepest essence to our awakened state of self, that allows us to engage deeply and connectively in the most profound way with our highest-self and with others!” ~Aaliyah Yco ~
Get your Positive Mindset Shift Workbook here:
Book a complimentary session with Aaliyah: