Updated: Apr 12
Narcissistic abuse is a serious issue that can have long-lasting effects on victims. The first step to healing is acknowledging the abuse. This may be difficult, as narcissists are often charming and manipulative. They may make their victims feel like they are crazy or overreacting. It is important to remember that you are not responsible for the abuse and that it is not your fault. The next step is to start setting boundaries. This may mean saying no, even if it results in confrontation. It is also important to begin building a support system of friends or family members who can offer emotional support. Finally, it is essential to start working on rebuilding self-esteem. This journey is not easy, but it is possible to heal and move on from narcissistic abuse.
As you embark on the brave journey of Recovery from Narcissistic Abuse it can feel like the loneliest and most difficult time in your life but there is hope for healing and restoration.
Here are 7 ways to support your Awakening Journey:
1. Educate yourself about Narcissistic Abuse. Knowledge is power, and understanding what you've been through is an important part of recovery.
2. Find a therapist or counselor who specializes in Narcissistic Abuse Recovery. It's important to have professional support as you navigate this process.
3. Join a supportive online or in-person community of survivors. There is strength in numbers, and sharing your story with others who understand can be healing and empowering.
4. Practice self-care, both physically and emotionally. This is a vital part of the healing process, and will help you to boost your energy and mood as you recover.
5. Set boundaries with your abuser, if possible. If you're able to have contact with your abuser, it's important to set clear boundaries to protect yourself from further hurt.
6. Make a plan for safety, if necessary. If you're in an abusive situation, it's important to have a safety plan in place in case of emergency.
7. Seek professional legal or financial advice, if needed. Depending on your unique situation, you may benefit from seeking professional advice regarding legal or financial matters related to your abuse. Awakening from narcissistic abuse is a long and difficult journey, but one that is ultimately worth taking. By following these steps, you can give yourself the best chance at a successful recovery. If you are still in the relationship or have recently left, know that there is hope. There is a way out and it starts with self-love. Begin to take care of yourself first and foremost. Fill your own cup so you have something to offer others. Surround yourself with people who support your healing journey. Seek professional help if needed. The most important thing is that you begin to love yourself again even if it feels impossible in the moment. You can do this!
Get your Set Healthy Boundaries for Self-Care Workbook here:
Book a complimentary session with Aaliyah:
Join our Mastering Mindfulness Workshops: